11 8 / 2012
01 8 / 2012
"…you must exile yourself from it or you will suffer forever. You must make a world of your own. You can take the first steps now, but the internal weeding out of so much familial dysfunction is going to be a years-long process, no doubt. I strongly encourage you to seek counseling."
22 7 / 2012
Izzy has invited me to exchange with her a daily 10 sources of gratitude, for the next 40 days. Day 1:
1) That Izzy does not live in Boston anymore! (A place where neither of us were able to be our best selves).
2) Flowers from the farmers’ market, photos below
3) The growth I have accomplished to date
4) Chocolate root beer cake I ate for dessert
5) Emily Griffin’s new novel “Someplace Like Home”. Reading it feels like listening to a good friend
6) Running my first 10K today, and having it be a surprisingly attainable goal to accomplish
7) Familiar comfort of my boyfriend spending his evenings giving the middle finger to the computer screen when he loses a game of online solitaire
8) Our trip to San Francisco yesterday to see Cliff’s brother; enjoying the anonymity and perspective that a big city brings
9) Waking up each day feeling like I am moving forward, slow as movement sometimes feels
10) The opportunity to stop treating myself with disdain and learn how to treat myself with great affection and respect